July 16, 17 (Wed, Thur) – Nothing is hotter in Software development than AGILE but LEAN is on the rise, are you ready? Study with the Co-Lead of the ACP Content Support Team, Joseph Flahiff. New group pricing available! Discounts for groups of 5 or larger. (14 PDUs)
What really works?
Is it Scrum, is it XP, Kanban or Waterfall?What is this Lean stuff, how does it apply to projects?
In this balanced class your we will talk about all these, and more and see where they work best and where each struggles. No one size fits all so why take a class that only offers one option.
You will Learn To:
Apply Lean and Agile to YOUR current your projects (even ones that are not identified as agile
- Explain the science behind Lean and Agile to your management
- Execute LEan and Agile methods on your project requirements and schedules
- Recognize ways to increase team performance through better communication and close involvement of customers
- Use Lean and Agile estimating techniques to plan your project more accurately
- Recognize the benefits of Lean and Agile to delivering Enterprise software development projects
- Identify and prevent common pitfalls of adopting Agile
Your Instructor: Joseph Flahiff
Joseph Flahiff, CEO of Whitewater Projects and CO-Lead of the PMI-ACP Content Support Team, Certified PMP, Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Professional, and an ACP. Joseph has over 15 years of experience in Traditional, Lean and Agile project delivery. His presentations and training are in demand around the world. You will get 3 full days with Joseph. 3 days of high impact relevant training. Joseph makes it real by spending time discussing how the approaches you are learning apply in YOUR environment. Come ready to describe your challenges and he will address them in class!
“Joseph’s knowledge of agile is thorough and makes learning the material practical and easy. ~Bryan Jensen” – Valley Medical Center
Cutting edge Agile!
Learn the most cutting edge approaches to product and service delivery! You will learn:
- Current approaches to lean/agile
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- What project controls are available in lean and agile
- Why agile estimation is the most accurate approach available
- The best time to use: Scrum, Kanban, XP or other approach
- and much more…
Introduction to Agile
History and Influences (not what you might think)
Two sides of Agile Techniques and Culture
Introduction to Lean
History and Influences on Lean
Project or Product mindset
Lean/Agile Culture requirements
Teams and motivation
Requirements in Lean and Agile Systems
Purpose of story cards
Writing good story cards
INVEST story card evaluation
Writing Acceptance criteria
Planning Lean and Agile
Multitasking’s impact on planning
5 Layer model for planning
Agile estimation techniques
Dynamic VS Static Schedule indicators
Story Points and Ideal Days
Lean and Agile Reporting
Burn Up, Burn Down, Cumulative Flow
Scope, Schedule and Budget Control points
Lean and Agile Finances
Capital expenditure, Cash Flow, Write Off Risk, and Real Cash Investment
Impact of Incremental delivery on ROI
Agile earned Value
Lean & Agile Methodologies and Frameworks
Kanban in current practice
ATDD, TDD, BDD
Scrum: Artifacts, Cerimonies, and roles
Putting it all together
Review of the course
Learning and productivity curve
Agile Implementation models
Next steps going home
Here are a few of the things people say about the course:
Why should you take this course?
- Joseph is Co-Chair of the PMI-ACP Content Support Team
- All our instructors have real life experience to answer your real life questions.
- You will practice agile techniques in a safe classroom environment.
- Practical real world examples are used to explain and practice what you learn.
- Whitewater Projects has an outstanding reputation in the Agile industry.
- We spend time in class not only learning the book knowledge of agile but with extensive Q&A.
30 day Money Back Guarantee
I know you work hard for your money. I know you’re buying this solely on the promises I’ve made. So I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is.If for any reason you feel you will not use what you learn… all you have to do is let me know within 30 days of your purchase and I’ll promptly refund all your money. No questions, no hassles – it’s that simple. Sounds fair, right?
PMI-ACP is a service mark of the Project Management Institute